Pigments 3 is a state-of-the-art software instrument that gives you the power of every shade of synthesis. With colorful sound engines, effortless modulation, professional utilities, and studio-grade FX, you can explore an infinite spectrum of sound.
What’s new in Pigments 3
The polychrome synthesizer has evolved, blurring the lines between timbres and pushing sound design into vivid new territory – and it’s easier to use than ever.
- Harmonic oscillator for expressive & beautiful additive synthesis
- Third Utility engine to add depth & color to any sound
- 64 new wavetables for metallic, aggressive timbres
- 4 x new FX including Pitch Shift Delay & Chorus JUN-6
- Jup-8 V’s iconic resonant low pass filter
- Enhanced filter & FX routing
- New in-app tutorials
- 200 new preset sounds
Create any sound
Whatever sound you need, Pigments can take you there. From bright nylon-like plucks to the fattest wavetable sounds, dark hip hop & trap bass to creeping film soundtrack ambience, Pigments is your blank sonic canvas. Combine any pair from a selection of 4 state-of-the-art sound engines, and layer them with deep sub bass and a sprinkling of sampled noise for instant access to every texture, timbre, and color.
Cutting-edge additive synthesis with up to 512 harmonic partials. Forge curious & tangible timbres from scratch, from plastic tubular resonance to evolving vowel-like swells - in vivid harmonic detail.
Animate, distort, or morph through over 160 wavetables, bringing a vast spectrum of breathy, glassy, and abrasive digital sounds. Perfect for everything from roof-raising bass music to pop toplines.
Virtual analog engine
Energize your mix with coveted analog warmth and irresistible vintage charm, inspired by the greatest synths ever made, courtesy of our award-winning analog emulation technology.
Sample & granular engine
Browse hundreds of instrument samples and loops, import your own, and transform them into genre-defying granular patches. Warp, contort, stretch, and modulate samples down to the finest detail.
Used in conjunction with Pigments’ dual sound engines, the Utility engine lets you add an extra oscillator to the mix, complemented by 2 noise sample players, ensuring that your sound always has the depth and detail it deserves.
Pigments 3 is easy to understand thanks to its fluid color-coded interface - any modulation source or destination is just a colorful click away, letting you weave complex modulation and animated patches with a simple click and drag.
The ultimate final touch. Create your own unique chain of FX with twin insert buses and a send bus, and a curated selection of 18 classic, creative, or modern algorithms - from pitch shifting delay to an essential multiband compressor.
Blend any two engines in parallel, with a choice of:
- Harmonic engine for powerful additive synthesis
- Sample and granular engine (with hundreds of built-in samples)
- Advanced Wavetable engine (with over 160 wavetables)
- Virtual Analog triple OSC engine
Third Utility engine
- Analog-style oscillator layer with 5 waveforms and 6-octave range
- Dual noise sample players with built-in sample library
- 12 filter types to choose from, including new Jup-8 V filter
- Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- Modern filter types
- Continuous series/parallel routing
Advanced FX section
- 18 algorithms to choose from, including new Multiband compressor
- Insert or Send routing
- 2 FX buses and 1 FX send
- Modulable parameters
Advanced modulation system:
- Modulate anything with anything with a click and drag
- Multiple LFOs, envelopes, functions, random generators, and more
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination based.
Visual interface: understand your sound
- Graphical representation of the most important modules (wavetable, envelops, LFO morphing etc.)
Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Advanced randomization, quantization, and polyrhythm controls
- Create complex, custom, and evolving sequences or arps
Extensive factory preset library
- Expanded to a total of 1200 factory sounds
- Sounds crafted by major artists and world-class sound designers
- Highlighted ‘notes’ to show what parameters are recommended to tweak
Enhanced in-app tutorials
- Learn synthesis as you go, starting with the basics and working up to advanced sound design